Friday, February 24, 2012

Chez Hwang

Hi everyone!

It's been a while, I miss blogging! This semester is my busiest one so far. Forgive me for not being able to blog weekly as I planned..

This post is about the all you can eat Korean BBQ at Chez Hwang. As I said, I love Chez Hwang's bulgogi and kalbi. The beef is absolutely sweet and tender. I have been waiting for a long time, and finally, yesterday night, I went to the restaurant with my boyfriend and 4 other friends to eat a lot of their Korean BBQ.

At Chez Hwang, the all you can eat BBQ is only for tables of at least 6 people. This is why it took me a while to enjoy the all you can eat... Since my friends and I are in our reading week, we could finally gather together again and simply relax and eat some succulent food.

The all you can eat menu does not offer a big variety. We could choose only bulgogi (marinated beef), pork and thinly cut beef brisket. The spicy chicken, which I never tried, and the yummy kalbi (ribs) are not part of the menu for all you can eat.
A miso soup is included in the meal, and like previously mentioned, it is so so and a little too salty. My friends agreed with me, but since we don't pay for it, we don't complain. A basket of lettuce is given too (to wrap the meat), but to refill it, we have to pay 3$, so we were contented with our bowl of rice d=

Starting from left: pork, beef brisket.
As you can see, the meat is not marinated, so you need to dip in their red paste sauce that resembles a little to miso.
The famous tender and sweet bulgogi. We were 6 and we probably ordered 4 plates of this (and we could have had more). It was magically flavourful!

I noticed that there is always only 1 waiter/waitress in the restaurant. So service can be slow sometimes. I suggest you go with the idea to spend time to slowly eat and chat with your friends. Last night was a very relaxing and fun night. Food was really amazing! If you love Korean BBQ, find a few friends to enjoy Chez Hwang's all you can eat bulgogi. My friends and I found that the marinated beef was really the only food we needed in the menu d=

Chez Hwang
5545 Chemin Upper Lachine,
Montreal, Quebec,
514 484 5263

No comments:

Post a Comment