Monday, October 5, 2009

Celebrate your dreams when you are away

Just because he won 5 awards last night at the GAMIQ awards (like the Grammy for Quebec indie music scene), I decided to make a post for Patrick Watson!!

One of my favorite artist, his music, described as psych-folk-pop-ambient music, is simply amazing. Every one of his CDs are like a story. All the songs complement each other so well and it just flows. Especially in his latest CD, Wooden Arms.

I've been lucky enough to have seen him live 3 times and met him once.
Every concert was magical and unbelievably incredible. Patrick and the rest of the band are geniuses. He was super sweet, when I met him after the Wooden Arms release party/concert, and was kind enough to sign my CD. He asked from what nationality my sister and I were from and when we told him we were Vietnamese, he got sooo excited! He told us that he lived there for quite some time and even tried to say a few words! I say tried because I did not understand what he was saying.... My sister thought he said "fried rice" but when asked, he said no, laughed and then said that he hadn't spoken Vietnamese in quite some time. I guess that's good enough!

I won't say more, because it'll probably be an essay on how amazing Patrick Watson is, so I'll leave you with a few pictures and video

From the Festival International de Jazz de Montréal 2009:








This next one was taken at the Wooden Arms release show/party


Finally, this video is from the 2007, Osheaga Festival. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment