Monday, October 19, 2009

Sally Hansen Salon Mode Collection 2009

Hey there! So amidst the ugly weather here in Montreal, we had a bit of sunshine during the weekend. I took advantage of it and swatched all day Saturday (instead of studying..)

Today, I present you Sally Hansen Salon Mode collection for fall 2009. The formula of all these were pretty thin and runny. It was not that bad, but it's not the consistency that I'm used to from Sally Hansen Salon. As I've said before, none of these are creams. They're all shimmers and I was surprised at some colors!

Pictures first, then info.
American Beauty. Berry shimmer. It's a nice color, but not unique. I'm not head over heels. Love the shimmer, though. 3 coats.

Project Runway. BEAUTIFUL turquoise-ish green with gold microglitter. I love this. I was expecting amazingness when I saw the bottle, and it definitely delivered. 3 coats

Purple Heart. Purple with blue and red microglitter. This was nice. It reminded me of China Glaze Let's Groove, but compared side by side, they do not look alike. I believe this one is darker than ChG but they both have blue and red microglitter. 2 coats.

Fashion Forward. It looks blurple (bluish purple) in the bottle, but on the nails, it's dark dark blue. Like the others, it's also a shimmer. I wanted this one to be like the color in the bottle sooo bad!!! but I still like it. I don't really think "fashion forward" is a proper name for this one though.. 3 coats, but could have easily been 2.

Burnt Sienna. I wasn't expecting to like this color when I bought it, but wow. I don't have any other color like this, since olive-ish gold shimmer doesn't normally suit me. But wowwee. I love this one! I like the name too! 3 coats.

Valentino. Brown shimmer. Love this one too! I was pleasantly surprised with this one as well! It's a brown bas color, with tiny tiny microscopic gold and green glitter. In sunlight, you definitely see the olive gold (see in the picture?!). I love this shade, and I don't normally like brown. I think this was 2 coats.

Overall, I like this collection. I'm not going gaga over this, but was pleasantly surprised with half of the shades. I love unexpected beauties! The one that stands out though, is Project Runway. It's a must for every green lover.

By the way, I have pictures of 2 out of 3 Lippmann Celebration polishes. the 3rd'll come.. I just have to give my hand a rest from the glitter scrubbing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment