Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sephora by OPI Mattes

Hi guys! Hope you're having a fun weekend!
Last month, I got the Sephora by OPI matte nail polishes. I guess they're following OPI's direction and "reissued" some colors. I believe all three are from $OPI's core line but I might be wrong...


Metro Chich Matte - "matte dark smoke with a hint of purple". The original one was a hit amongst nail polish fanatics. I don't own the original one but I believe matte is lightly (at least from the pictures I've seen)


Domestic Goddess Matte is probably my favorite out of all three. "matte bright grape" as described on Sephora's website. It really pretty. I love purple polishes and this one was no exception.


What's a Tire Jack? Matte is a very matte black. There's no other way to describe it. I also love this one. My 2nd favorite, I guess. It's a true black and true matte.


Application with these were fairly good. They all took 2-3 coats. They didn't dry as fast as the Matte OPIs but still in decent time. The formula was not too thick compared to other matte. I swatched these very quickly but if I had been more careful with my application, there would not have been those bumps and dents on my nails. Please excuse them :)

I really like the matte finish of these $OPI. It's not as chalky as the OPI mattes, which is a good thing. They look... matte. That's all.

Similar to other mattes, they recommend to not use it with base coat, top coat or hand lotion. But you guys can totally ignore that (except the top coat part if you want it to be matte, duh). I used it with base coat and it was fine. As long as the base is dried before you apply color. As for the hand lotion, it'll make the finish more satiny but it won't be glossy.

You can get these three polishes from Sephora's website for $9 US or $12 CAD. They are also sold in stores now. These are limited edition so get them while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment