Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gonzales Piano Talk Show

As I have mentioned, I recently attended Gonzales' show, Piano Talk Show.
It was really cool. It was in a small venue/room, in ExCentris, to be exact. Very intimate.

Throughout the show, Gonzales invited 3 local artists, Rich Lee (was in Star Académie); So Called (I think that's how it's written) and Katie Moore, my favorite!
He invited them on to sing and play piano with him. I guess the "talk show" aspect of it was that he would, either before singing a song with them or after, talk and joke with them. It was really fun to see how artists interacted with each other. I mean I know most of it was planned, but it was still really cool. I also like the fact that he chose local artists which means that every show is different, depending on where he is performing.

Anyways, Katie Moore was really brilliant. I just love to listen to her sing. She actually sang on one of my favorite artist, Patrick Watson, latest album. She also performed with him at the Montreal Jazz Festival.

The night (the show started at 10.30 pm) was great except for the two girls sitting right in front of our table. I mean.... you're at a concert, there are people around you! Stop talking!!!! stop moving!!! Seriously, I don't think I've ever been this annoyed at a concert. They kept talking to each other and at one point, one of them was "rearranging" her hair, I guess and just didn't put her arms down. She was blocking everybody's view! god....

To leave on a positive note, I really liked the show. Oh, I forgot to say that it was reallllllyy funny! I loved that there was interaction between Gonzales and the crowd. He made us sing along with him for a song, which was really cool! His piano solo works are truly beautiful and his rapping is... hilarious. I'd say it's pretty similar to Flight of the Conchords.

No comments:

Post a Comment